Sunday, April 4, 2021

2017 Heroes Convention Spawn Color Jam Figure by Joseph Michael Linsner


A mere four years after the fact, we can finally double back to look at the alpha and omega of the Heroes Con jam, Spawn. Dawn creator Joe Linsner produced this first figure's line art, then I borrowed the piece from him for further additions. I was still moving the piece around the floor when he flagged me down to apply the color while he had time in his schedule. To be honest, I was so happy with the basic figure that it was worth the expensive I'd paid up front for color, and I'd considered kicking out more money to see if he could color other figures. My grand ambition to complete the piece on the floor of the con that weekend was looking dimmer all the time though, and it seemed best to just get Spaen completed and worry about the rest later. The colors are as gorgeous as I'd expected, and my one regret is that I only have a few blurry photographs at this stage of the jam, pre-&-post Pitt, taken on the floor. For the instance of showing off Linsner's colors, I've taken this image from a later scan and tried to clear away elements that might distract from the core Spawn image.

No comments:

Post a Comment